2017 BCT Results
Possum Kingdom Lake
2017 BCT CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL RULES
Possum Kingdom Lake September 9th & 10th.
- Rule Changes: The following rules will remain unchanged throughout the event unless State or Local laws are in conflict. The Decision of the tournament director will be final in all matters. It is at the tournament director’s discretion to make changes where safety is concerned. The tournament rules have been established for honesty and fairness and must be strictly adhered to by all BCT contestants.
- Eligibility: Participation is limited to the top 6 qualifying members from each registered Bass Club. In the event that a previously qualified member may not attend the event the next qualified member from the respected Bass Club may be substituted for that position. During official practice and competition days only registered contestants may be in the competitor’s boats. At least one team member per boat must be 18 years of age or older. All underage contestants must have written parental consent to participate.
- Teams: Each BCT team will consist of a 3 boat team. There may be no more than two contestants per boat.
- Alcoholic Beverages and Drugs: At no time during official practice or official competition day are any alcoholic beverages or drugs, (other than prescription) allowed in the boat or to be consumed while on the water.
- Sportsmanship: All BCT teams are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety, and conservation. Any team who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules or any other state or local laws or brings unfavorable publicity to the sport of bass fishing will be disqualified.
- Boats & Motors: There is no horsepower limit; however, no engine may exceed the BIA horsepower rating for the boat on which it is used. All boats must meet Coast Guard and state regulations. All boats must have an emergency engine kill switch.
- Safety: Boating Safety must be observed at all times during official practice and competition. A US Coast Guard approved type life vest must be on and fastened any time the combustion motor is operative and the kill switch must be attached securely to the driver.
- Tackle & Equipment: All fish must be caught in a legal and sporting manner. Intentional snagging of fish will not be permitted. No trolling with the combustion engine will be allowed. Only artificial lures may be used with the exception of “pork” lures. Only one rod may be used at any one time. Other rods may be in the boat and ready for use, but every cast and retrieve must be completed before another cast is made. Rods may not exceed 8 feet in length.
- Scoring: Each BCT team may weigh in THREE (3) fish per boat with a minimum of 16” in length for all bass, measured on a flat board with mouth closed, tail compressed and swiped to achieve the longest overall length. Each BCT clubs final standing will be determined by adding the combined weight of all three boats competing on their respective team. No sharing or switching of fish may occur at anytime during the competition. The Tournament Director has final say on what species of fish is being weighed in. Any team weighing in a bass shorter than the prescribed limit will be accessed a ONE pound penalty plus the loss of the short fish. Each dead fish presented to the scales will be deducted .25 pounds from the total weight. A Tie for first place will be determined by the BCT team with the largest individual team weight. All other ties will be determined by splitting the winnings with that and the next lower place.
- Checking in late: Any team returning to the weigh in location late will be penalized at the rate of one pound per minute up to 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, no weight will be allowed. There will be one check-in spot and only one and it will be announced at the rules meeting Saturday. You will get a flight card with your check-in time listed.
- Culling Fish: It is the responsibility of each team to keep no more than the maximum prescribed limit of three (3) fish in the livewell. If more than three (3) bass are present in a team’s livewell, all fish for that particular team will be disqualified. Culling of Dead Fish is not permitted.
- Information: BCT teams may communicate with team members during official practice and tournament days. Examples of communication may include but are not limited to cell phones and two way radios. However BCT teams may NOT communicate with other BCT teams outside of their top 6 group or any other non-competitor during the official practice or tournament days.
- Permitted Fishing Waters: No fishing is allowed in any designated off limits area. No fishing is allowed within 50 yards of a previously anchored boat (with trolling motor out of the water), without the anchored boats permission. Encroachment on another contestant, who was first on a fishing spot, is considered a violation of sportsmanship.
- Off-Limits: Tournament waters will be off limits to all competitors from Tuesday September 5th 2017 through Thursday September 7th 2017. No competitor may enter tournament waters for any reason during this period.
- Official Practice: Official practice day for all competitors will be Friday September 8th from safe light until 8:00p.m. and from safe light until 5:00 p.m. Saturday September 9th. No competitor may be on tournament waters after 5:00pm on Saturday for the purpose of fishing.
- Registration: All BCT contestants must register at Possum Kingdom Chamber of Commerce – 362 N. FM 2353 Possum Kingdom Lake, Graford, TX. 76449 between 5:00-7:00pm on Saturday September 9th. Fishing hours and boat numbers will be disclosed at the meeting which begins at 6:00pm.
- Start Time & Weigh in: Start times and weigh-in times will be discussed at the rules meeting Saturday evening on September 9th.
- Clubs with 50 members or more may have 2 top 6 teams (2- three boat teams)
- $300 entry should be paid by August 25th at either Fun-n-Sun location or postmarked no later than 8-15-2017 to 320 W. Hurst Blvd. Hurst TX 76053
Please send us your rosters to email@example.com
The Bass Clubs of Texas was formed in 2011 to promote fellowship and competiveness with other anglers and their clubs. Bass Club anglers are the true grass roots of our sport. By creating a championship for the top 6 anglers the BCT championship tournament will be the true top notch anglers in Texas. This will be our 4th year and a lake announcement will be coming soon. We would like to invite any bass club in the state of Texas to join us for good food, good fellowship, and great fishing. Teams will be made up of three boats, two anglers per boat per 50 club members. If you have any question about how to join the Bass Clubs of Texas please call us at 817-280-0303 or 817-279-1991.
Bass Clubs of Texas Facebook Page